Tool

Okay here is one for you.
We have a tool in the shop, no one knows what it is call or were to
get one.
It is used to make the hole in a Sargent Knob larger so a KW of SC
lock would fit in the hole. It does not make a rough cut it bends the
metal .........
Help!
Will Ott
Reply to
Will Ott
I know that K of C is knights of Columbus. What is KW of SC?
What kind of Sargeant knob can you make the hole larger to fit another lock in? Seems like if you have a Sargeant knob, you'd keep using Sargeant parts.
What are you talking about?
Reply to
Stormin Mormonn
It is used to make the hole in a Sargent Knob larger so a KW of SC lock would fit in the hole. It does not make a rough cut it bends the metal .........
Excuse me....
A unibit CUTS a hole, step by step, and does not bend the metal to creat a hole.
I think you misunderstood the poster.
Newnsie
Reply to
UPUHRS5437
For lack of a better term call it a sizing die.
If your distributors don't have these see a local machine shop and they can make you one.
Reply to
Roger Shoaf
Whoops, you're right. I did misunderstand the poster -- My apologies . .Thanks for correcting me there - saved me from looking like quite the fool ;) . .Dan
..
Reply to
Dan McNeil
At one time Kaba had one so that you could use their dimple key cylinders in sargent knob lock products. The cylinder face was slightly larger than the 6/8/10 line cylinder faces.
Dan
Dan
Reply to
Dan Terrigno
Possibly it is a tapered reamer......??
something akin to the tools found at this link:
Is this what you are talking about..??
For the application you are describing ,this is the only thing that springs to mind....
Reply to
Goober Maker

Site Timeline