Tow Truck "foul-up"

Was told of this the other night:

This guy goes to work in the morning.He leaves a set of keys on the front seat of his truck.He had another set with him and left the keys on the seat planning to remove them later.

About first break, one of his co-workers walks up and tells him "Some guy in a tow truck came and took your truck!"

Dismissing this as a joke, he went back to work.

Lunchtime he comes out and the truck is in fact gone.

Another employee had called a tow truck because his keys were locked in, and the tow truck driver saw a red chevy truck, saw the keys, and took it.

After calling the wrecker company, the guy got his truck back, and the tow truck driver says "I'm sorry"

Can't repeat the reply.

Reply to
goma865

I've wondered if tow guys ever get the wrong vehicle.

So why would the guy tow a vehicle if the only problem was keys locked in?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

wonder why the tow truck would even tow the truck for a lock out ?

Reply to
Key

"Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61-#spamblock*-@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GSlHf.3694$z% snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com...

I should of read your responce before I responded with the same thing...

Reply to
Key

Might not have been a lock-out.

Many years ago, before I was a locksmith, I was an auto mechanic and tow truck driver. [Insert smart a** comment here] Quite often when a vehicle broke down, the customer would just leave the keys locked inside so they wouldn't have to wait around for the tow truck to get there. We'd go out, open the vehicle, retrieve the keys, and tow it back to the shop.

The TT guy probably found the similar truck, saw the keys on the seat, and just assumed that was it without bothering to check the tag number.

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML, CJS

I will check again-but pretty sure it was a lockout. Explanation? People do stupid shit.

goma.

Reply to
goma865