cut away abloy key needed

I recently purchased an Abloy cut away padlock without the operating key. I dropped it off at a local locksmith and he gave up on fitting a key to it.

Are these locks keyed alike? if so does any one have the bittings for a new key, or can I purchase one from someone? If can get the bittings I can have the local locksmith cut a new key. Provided someone gives me the correct cuts. Thank you. please email a response to snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
lockguy

I have no information on Abloy. However, when I was a wee young lad, I got a Best display which had change key codes one through four, and a sub master that worked changes three and four. And a control key.

Since then I found another padlock (abandoned on the school bike rack) which worked with my keys.

A Best rep told me later that all their displays were keyed alike. Kewl!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon