Prime Rib versus Peanuts

Per the letter from Corrine MacDermott snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com entitled "rough around the edges:

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with the few select locksmiths you have encountered. In all honesty I have run into many "inexperienced workmen, or laymen" in a variety of fields, whereas locksmiths are not unique in that respect. Personally I have been a locksmith for almost 20 years, first in the Military, then as a Commercial Professional, once again in the Military because of the latest conflict and now once again Commercial Locksmith for a "respectable firm." Working with exotic autos for many years, installing & managing multi-million dollar security systems, requires a high level of knowledge, experience, and professional attire or appearance. This leads me to believe your statement, "rough around the edges" to be only selectively accurate and stereo-typical . I think you may have been looking for the cheapest deal in town. You should consider calling a "quality professional", versus the cheapest deal in town. Despite what you may think, as quality professionals we do exist, but you get what you pay for. If you pay for peanuts don't expect Prime Rib. Next time look for credentials, length of time in the industry or an actual "locksmith" shop, - versus the alternative - rusty broke down pickup trucks, with locksmith spray-painted on the side.

Common sense - Would you go to a "Joes lube-um-up" for a engine overhaul? Try a professional next time.

I hope your next experience is better, Take care, Jay the locksmith

Feel the same way here.My business is primarily mobile.I do have a small shop, but sparsely equipped at the time.No actual heat. Zoning ordinance prohibits an actual walk-in business, but I can make sales and do service by appointment. Laugh if you must. My van is 16 years old. It is only one color. Has a few small rust spots but I've got plans for replacing it. I do wash and wax it-and I do not have "locksmith" spray-painted on the side.

Everybody has had to start somewhere. Some forgot where they started.

Alot of established locksmiths "dog" the ones who are starting out. Especially if they are local. This is to discourage them from competing.

I am not content with what I have so far, but when people think I am, I will assure them they are wrong.

goma.

Reply to
goma865

Same here. Been in business since 1988. Don't have a shop. Don't want one.

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML, CJS

Reply to
SunshineTeam.net