UK - advice on remote door entry control

I'm trying to source a remote door entry system for a "retirement" flat. I think the first question is: "Are these systems physically secure ? - can they be "kicked" open, are they only suitable for use during daylight hours and should a second locking system be applied at night or when the property is empty"

The wish list includes Accommodate a mortise lock (or does this solution invalidate the UK insurance requirements of a lock to BS3621). Voice communication and lock release by "radio" - limited mobility so I'm trying to get a solution that would avoid installation of fixed points in kitchen, bedroom and living room. (security issue here?)

Can anyone provide any links to web sites of "reputable" suppliers? - google searches return lots of hits but they are either commercial systems or sites that do not publish a business address - I'm very reluctant to deal with any business that doesn't disclose their address ( must be avoiding spam by junk mail :-) )

Reply to
Peter K

I don't know what there configuration is in the UK. Here in the US there is a central vulnerbility or two to most if not all of them when installed in the typical residential application unless measures are taken to correct it. I would rather not go into great detail here.

Wish I could help with the rest of your questions but I'm not in the UK and unfortunately am not very up on things over there.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere