"Unbreakable" Autolock problem

Hello, I have a 97 Nissan pickup. I use a device that fits between the clutch pedal and the floor to keep from being able to use the clutch. Unfortunately, I recently managed to break the key to the device off when locking it. I have tried to remove the broken key with glue and a paperclip with no success. I have been considering removing the clutch pedal since hack-sawing through the mechanism seems impossible. Does anyone out there have any ideas on how to get out of this jam? Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Reply to
jakub.urban

You've probably already hit the best solution. Unless there is some major headache in doing it I would pull the clutch pedal before trying to fiddle with the lock in that difficult position. Other than that you might want to try a real broken key extractor or one made from an appropriately sized saw blade or piece thereof.

Reply to
Steve

You might try taking apart the clutch, or a locksmith might be able to help.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

If the key is in the lock shouldn't you be able to turn the cylinder with a screwdriver and unlock it???

Leon

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Leon Rowell

Well, an angle grinder with a cut off wheel slicing thru the middle is the 3-5 minute solution...

Le> If the key is in the lock shouldn't you be able to turn the cylinder

Reply to
charley

Reply to
adric