Marks Dissembly

I have two Marks locks to rekey. Some what similar to Schalge A53. Schalge C keyway.

No user keys, and I can't seem to pick the stupid things. Tried everything.

With the A-53, I could pull the thing apart from the back, and push the pin on the back of the plug and rotate the tail cam that way.

Same with Marks? Any ideas?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

yes..

  1. got an extra cylinder? drill
  2. is this a 95 series or the 195 handicapped? got a spare half hour? disassemble.. pretty well like the A schlage.. IF its ORIGINAL marks its a 6 pin C key, BTW.. I sell a LOT of the 195's..ordered 4 today in fact.. if you need some LMK and I will tell you has had a good deal on them for the past several months.

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

: >Same with Marks? Any ideas? : yes.. : 1. got an extra cylinder? drill CY: Yeah, it's tempting.

: 2. is this a 95 series or the 195 handicapped? : got a spare half hour? disassemble.. pretty well like the A : schlage.. CY: Not sure what series. It's round knob, some what between Plymouth and Orbit.

: IF its ORIGINAL marks its a 6 pin C key, BTW.. CY: That would make things more dificult.

: I sell a LOT of the 195's..ordered 4 today in fact.. if you need : some LMK and I will tell you has had a good deal on them for the : past several months. CY: Who has good prices on replacement cylinders? I swapped out the locks yesterday, so now if I can key em up, they might bring five bucks on Ebay. Or I can use em later some where.

: : --Shiva-- : :

Reply to
Stormin Mormon
  1. Impression a key.

My thoughts on disassembly. I think they are similar to the A lock but I doubt they use the Schlage method for mounting the tail piece to the cylinder with a threaded cap and a spring loaded pin. However on some of the other A lock clones when you remove the inner spindle, you can get enough wiggle room in the tailpiece to bypass the boss that prevents the retainer from being depressed.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Bumping these cylinders are pretty easy. Did you try that?

Reply to
al