lockey mechanical pushbutton entry combination lock

Hi, I have a lockey mechanical pushbutton combination entry lock on my door. Items from my home were stolen while I was away from home without any sign of forced entry. On the combination one button is pushed twice with the same number. All windows are locked down. My question is can these locks be bypassed by a thief. I was told by the lock company that they are secure.

Reply to
bythelake58

this a Simplex, maybe?

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

If I were going to try to figure out the combination, I would put something on the keys, perhaps a powder. After you open the door, I would examine the keys to see which ones had the powder removed. This would tell me which keys were pressed. Then I would try to observe you opening the door and. while I may not be able to see the numbers, I would watch you hand movement to see what information I might gleen. Then I would try randon numbers. If I knew for sure how many numbers the combination is, I could make a chart using the numbers I gathered from the powder and systematically test each one. Tom

Reply to
Tom

I'm not familiar with a "lockey" but I have never yet seen a mechanical pushbutton lock that cannot be manipulated. If they have key override you also have to consider that they can be picked or opened with a copy of the key.

Reply to
DB