Unican LL 1011-26D-41

I have a push button mechanical lock (Unican LL 1011-26D-41) On the gate to our pool. The guy who sold it to us said the code can not be changed. This doesn't sound true. Can anyone confirm this.

Thanks in advance

Kirk H.

Reply to
Hochburger

I've changed combinations on a bunch of Unican push button locks. Sounds like the other fellow was incorrect.

That said, it's not a DIY job to change the combination. Too easy to make a mistake and create much more trouble.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Thanks for the quick reply.

Kirk

Reply to
JumpHigher

In article snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: :I have a push button mechanical lock (Unican LL 1011-26D-41) On the :gate to our pool. The guy who sold it to us said the code can not be :changed. This doesn't sound true. Can anyone confirm this.

The combination always has to be changed since those locks all come from the factory set to to same combination (2 and 4 pressed together, then

3). The change procedure is fairly straightforward and is printed on a tag included with each lock. It's also available on the Kaba-Ilco web site (long link -- watch out for line splitting):

FAQs for all the Simplex locks:

Robert Nichols

I didn't know that. When I worked at National airport in DC years ago we had one of those on the door to the AOA (airport operations area) it had that very combo!!!! Terrorists could have had a field day.

Reply to
billb

Reply to
Billy B. Edwards Jr.

FAA did a nationwide survey a few years ago and I think I heard that

I know of one that was!! Funny.

Reply to
billb