Unocode 299: How many keys to make it profitable?

At the moment I feel like a locksmith dinosaur: I am cutting keys to code with depth keys, instead of just typing the code into a code machine, and bingo - the key is made. I am refraining from buying a code machine, cuz it's expensive (about US$8500 plus sales tax in the UK). I have difficulties calculating how many keys I need to cut on it to make it worthwhile. How long do these machines last? With some key machines, I found, that just by having it available, it magically attracts its own business. Could that be so for a code cutting machine?

Regards,

dinosaur chris from london

Reply to
help

There must be some kind of big tax on importing code machines from the US huh? For 8500 bucks here I can buy two CodeMax's or maybe three automatic Framons or 5 Framon 2's and stock up on keys to boot.

Reply to
Glen Cooper

Wow, that does sound very expensive. I own a Framon II, and very pleased with it. Others have liked their HPC code cutting key machines.

Maybe one of these is less expensive?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

8500.00 US sounds really high. Good machines can be had here for 1/3 that.
Reply to
Putyourspamhere