Keyless Deadbolt

Hello,

I'm in the market for a "keyless" deadbolt lock. I would like a push-button (electronic or manual) vs. RF or Infrared remote. Also, I'm looking for a deadbolt vs. a knobset.

It is for an indoor application.

has several on their web page. The MKM looks interesting, but I can't really find information on it anywhere else, so it makes me a bit leary.

Can anyone anyone offer suggestions or other sources?

email:

pstryjew at att dot net

Reply to
Stryjewski

I would not recommend the Kwikset deadbolt. It works but is kind of cheap. It's based on the Titan deadbolt.

I've heard similar complaints about the Weiser powerbolt.

I'd look for a combination deadbolt/leverset if I were to do it again.

Daniel

Reply to
dbs__usenet

got LOTS of $$$, they are available...or rather a push button electronic door knob...

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

How bout the simplex 7000 series? Goes for about $125. It is *residetial* grade. And will hold up fine for that or _light_ commercial use (operating several times a day). I wouldn't recomend it for moderate to heavy commercial use though.

Bob DeWeese, CML

I really like the simplex resdiential series. Retails about $125 if memory serves.

Reply to
Stormin Mormonn