Give Automakers $25 Billion Worth of E Vouchers

The vouchers could only be used to buy electric motors, generators, batteries and other materials that could only be used in EVs or hybrid drive trains.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

You are a mean man.

Reply to
Michael Coburn

I thought of it over a week ago. I figured someone else would have suggested it by now.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

What a truly STUPID idea.

How about getting them to fit I4s in place of V8s first ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

But few people are as stupid as you.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

If you just gave them the money they'ld blow it on large block engines and from the automaker's POV, it's better than no money whatsoever.

OK, the vouchers could also be used for materials and labor to build internal combustion engine with less than 20 brake hp.

Merely reducing displacement won't work as they'll just jack up the rpm and compression ratio.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

Don't think that would help. They would just make the cilinders larger, or place 2 I4s in each vehicle.

They got stuck in the 'large vehicles' section as their 'competitive advantage' in the US market. And that advantage is obliterated now.

GM is dead. Any money spend on them is sucked into a black hole. Let Opel spin out before it is too late.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Dekker

How does that help them to survive?

Reply to
Jerry Okamura

That may be so, but what are you going to say, when Congress gives them the money?

Reply to
Jerry Okamura

They'll have something someone wants to buy.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill