Hello, I am new here, want to seek advice about this material

Nice to meet you all,

I am not sure if this group can advice me some materials that I am looking for.

The material will behave like ceramic in dehydrated or dry. Transparent in nature which will glue when wet and easily broken like glasses after dry up.

Can you suggest any chemical or material that you know? What is the name or where can I buy? and how much?

thanks winno

Reply to
cwwinson

Tried Sodium silicate, (common name - 'waterglass`)? Cheap at your chemical supplier, (its harmless so you can buy it easily).

Pragmatist- "It won't fit? - Use a bigger hammer!"

Reply to
pragmatist

In what way? Do you need for it to be hard like ceramic because you want to grind metal? Do you need for it to be temperature-resistant, so it can hold copper or iron in its molten state?

If you do not need very high hardness or extreme temperature resistance, many materials will do. Mucilage, when dry, can be an optically clear, brittle solid. It breaks up easily. When wet, it readily forms a glue.

Reply to
Mark Thorson

Oh! it is not used in industrial applicaton, some hobbie work.

Thanks, is it wet in room temperature? expensive?

winno

Reply to
cwwinson

Thank you very much!