Nitinol help

Hi:
I need some information about Nitinol. A quick literature survey says that it can be sputtered. But, none of them give the source of the
sputter target. Anyone know where I could order such a target.
Also, does anyone how good is the adhesion between Nitinol and glass.
thx
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Nitinol is a nickel-titanium alloy--the name comes from Nickel Titanium and (NOL) Naval Ordnance Laboratory. Both Ni and Ti stick to glass very well, so I wouldn't expect there to be a big issue with adhesion if you do your surface prep well enough.
A possibly more difficult problem is the heat-treatment required to turn garden-variety Ni-Ti films into shape memory alloy, and a still more difficult one is how to get the shape memory in there in the first place--you have to deform the stuff to get it to do anything, and glass doesn't stretch too well.
Cheers,
Phil Hobbs
Some of my colleagues are sputtering NiTi shape-memory films for their theses. They've had success using Cr films as an adhesion layer between the NiTi film and Si substrate; Cr may work as an adhesion layer on SiO2. You might also try a Ni adhesion layer. They use a supplemental Ti target in addition to the NiTi target to sputter stoichiometric NiTi because the Ti readily reacts with the remaining oxygen in the chamber.