reversible binding ?

I heard that there are some reversible binding materials available, which you can use to bind and unbind materials together, ie, attach them
temporarily at will, under the influence of two different light sources or temperatures of something like that. Unfortunately, I do not know anymore where I found this information, is there anybody who heard about reversible binding materials and eventually knows about underlying physicochemical mechanisms?
Greetings, Martin
*** Sent From/Enviado desde:     http://groups.expo.st ***
I believe you are referring to adhesives which can be cured with UV and destroyed with IR (or perhaps it is the other way around), and I believe the research was done at the University of Pennsylvania. Applications are limited by the need to have the bond within "sight" of the light source. Basically, one side of the bond must be transparent, which is to say must be glass, acrylic or polycarbonate, or perhaps a few other plastics.
'Sporky'