Latest threads in ⚗ Material Sciences show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Question why: slingshot only 300 fps yet BB rifle 785 fps
Some pellet airguns boast of breaking the sound speed with 1,200 fps. Now I have a question that only a real scientific mind can answer and not these jimmycrackloudmouths on the Internet. The question...
16
16

Magneto-optic Kerr effect
Hi everybody, My setup consists of a 650nm LASER, chopper, polarizer, sample in magnetic field, polarizer 2 and detector. the detector and chopper and connected to a lock-in amplifier. I have not been...
1
1

Purification of HiPco SWNTs
Hi all, I will begin the organic functionalization of SWNTs. I will use HiPco type SWNTs, which is made by ourselves. For the purification, it would need the wet air oxidation in a high temperature to...

Carbon Nanotubes - Catalysts
Was just looking up some papers on growing carbon nanotubes..was wondering why the catalyst used are always either iron/nickel/cobalt/moly, or their derivatives like ferrocene etc..why not copper or...
2
2

Fluororélastomère
Bonjour Comment puis je me fabriquer simplement un bouche -pore pour un revêtement en fluoroélastomères? La solubilisation du polymère avant réticulation est elle possible pour faire une sorte de...

Re: Phase rule
Only once you have reached the final equilibrium concentrations, and it does not apply to the interfaces, which are nonequilibrium structures.

Re: Need help on oxygen parameter of magnetite and gama-Fe2O3
Try a program called "powedercell". It is free and will simulate the diffraction peaks if you have the structure. you could check if your library or some other group has the JCPDF database, it will be...

Earth's AirConditioner; NaCl versus aluminum
I need a detailed analysis of which of these two substances serve as the reflector best. Weight is a crucial factor in that something lightweight must be cargo hauled to the Space Station and released...
29
29

Re: salt-CFC-variant,or, an Oilfilm Re: CFC-variant that reverses Global Warming;
This Oilfilm is intriguing to explore. Anyone remember the name of the oilfilm on swimming pools that one drop would cover the entire surface. And whether this "spreading out" has a name to it. I...
1
1

Q: Military Specification MIL-I-XX219
Hello NG, I'm looking for an electronic issue (PDF) of MIL-I-XX219 (Insulation Panel; Thermal And Acoustic Absorptive; Open-Cell Polyimide Foam). My company's department for standardization doesn't...
2
2

Re: Moisture marks on furniture
I not questioning the claim that peanut butter or petroleum jelly might remove white water blush stains from furniture finishes but don't understand how they might function chemically. I thought that...
2
2

Want help in degasing aluminium and nickle for vacuum discharge tubes.
Want help how to degas aluminium and nickel for use in vacuum discharge tubes.

help me about antisplit!!
hi everybody! i just want a help about the chemical structure and specially chemical properties of antisplit!if you know something or if you can advice something please call me as soon as possible!i'm...

Re: diamond as armor
well it is just i have been following the gulf War. They talked about the DU armor on the M1 tanks and how it stops most projectiles. So i was just wondering would diamond make better armor than DU...
3
3

Various questions regarding piezoelectric crystals
1. Can anyone please tell me what is the difference between the logitudinal mode, radial mode and thickness mode of vibrations in piezoelectric ceramics ? 2. Does the piezoelectric ceramic work well...