2-3d CAD motion analyser

Does anyone know if there is a good motion cad analyser.
Preferrably with ram type action.
2D would be sufficient,
with force analysis.
I tried freecad which looks good (and free! ) on paper but the program
appeared buggy
on my computer.
regards
Anthony
Reply to
anthony wooldridge
OK thanks i'll try working model 2d it sounds good. they have a one month trial licence I can look at.
I tried Analytix but as a 16 bit software I found it buggy too ( my computer is fairly well loaded with applications) and the demo doesnt save so I lost all my work when it crashed the 16 bit resource limit. regards Anthony
Reply to
anthony wooldridge
OK got it but its save disabled so not much use for evaluation. its working model 2d 2002 v 5.03.37 not the 2004 v6
regards Anthony
Reply to
anthony wooldridge
Nothing much else that is free, you may be able to find old demo versions of Working Model 2D or 3D. otherwise, so far as I know, you are up for rolling your own in Simulink or whatever, or buying Working Model 2D, Nastran 4D, LMS DADS, or MSC ADAMS.
I'm surprised FreeCAD is buggy, contact the author.
Cheeers
Greg Locock
Reply to
Greg Locock