Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

good simple sketching program
I do stress analysis work, and we're always on the lookout for a simple, decent sketching program to do free body diagrams and the like. We pull a lot of images off our electronic drawings (pdf files)...
7
7

Linear Generaters
If I have a linear generater operating with smooth cycles of stop and reverse and stop and reverse, is that the same regarding cycles as a rotaing geneator which has continuous movement in one...
12
12

Visual Data: 3D & 4D Data Visualization
Recommend a useful software to you. Visual Data can be used to create 3D surface, contour map, vector plot, color map, 4D vector plot, slice and 3D Delaunay triangles according to regular and...

ADV : GeoTools 7.10, Productivity tools for AutoCAD
G E O T O O L S 7.10 C O M M A N D S S N A P S H O T -------------------------------------------------------------------- GeoTools is an add-on program for AutoCAD 2007/2006/2005/2004/2002/2000i and...

ADV : Frequently asked utilities for AutoCAD
******** M y G e o T o o l s ********* Build your own personal productivity tool-kit for AutoCAD. MyGeoTools is a low-cost, high-quality AutoCAD tool-kit for you, perhaps the only one of its kind you...

mouse trap car problem.
i need an idea for a mouse trap that can fit all of this criteria. many thanks Procedure Competition Categories - In order of running =B7 Speed: The fastest car over a 6' measured course. =B7...
1
1

open source or free libraries of 'standard engineering parts'
Folks, has anyone heard of or seen any projects that are developing free or open source libraries of standard engineering parts? I'm researching this vis-a-vis RepRap ( & 'Fab @ Home'. Is there anyone...

Press Fit Pulley - Steel or Aluminum?
Given a power steering pulley that is press fit onto the end of the pump shaft and retained only by the press fit. Given that a power steering pulley would need to be removed for when/if the pump has...
6
6

Sleeve bearing design
Hello - I desperately need help designing some sleeve bearings. I currently have to design and build 50 small presses. I have to be frugal with the design for the project to profitable. The presses...
10
10

Old Tires
Is it possible to shred old tires and remold them into some other shape or is the process to complicated/expensive to make it worth while? I need a cone shaped apraratus made from a flexable material.
7
7

gold folio for heat insulation
it is said that gold folio is used in formula1 cars to protect driver cockpit from the large amount of heat generated by the engine. in which part of the car of they use gold folio, covering of the...
3
3

How does a centrifugal pump age?
I am involved with a project that has centrifugal pumps that have been in service in a large municipal installation for about 40 years. No real possibility of running them off their curves... but......
3
3

High Speed Coupling
Hello world, I am looking for a Bellow-Coupling that has the following data: MaxTorque 1Nm MaxSpeed 30 000 Rpm Bores 10mm/10mm Thanx in advance, // Tommy
2
2

need information about Autofrettage process
Hello everybody, Does anybody know about autofrettage process? I intend to manufacture a high pressure cylinder in the size of below inner diameter : 29 mm outer diameter : 77 mm length : 286 mm This...
2
2

water impenetrable material
Good morning, I am looking for suggestions for a water impenetrable material which melts around 60 oC. As in this ng many topics about mechanical properties, I would be very happy getting precise...
8
8