Linear Generator design

If I design a Linear generator in which the Stator components move rather than the magnent components will the design be comprimised. I am refering to 1) will it still work as a generator and 2) can a stator withstand any forces applied to move it.?????????

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Sugna41

1) Yes, the magnitic force doesn't know the difference.

2) Yes if you design it to do so. Look at the centrifugal and torque forces on motor windings/laminations to get an idea of what's practical.

What's the application?

Reply to
nottoooily

Sorry for the delay.

Its a Wave Energy Converter in which the stator moves rather than the Magnet

Reply to
Sugna41