Mechanical efficiency of IVT's?

Who knows what is the mechanical efficiency of the Torotrak Infinitely variable transmission?

I'd like to compare it with the old V belt IVT technology that's been around for decades.

Since torque is transmitted between two disks pressed against the rim of a wheel I assume there would be considerable rolling friction involved.

They also claim it has no torque limitations however this is obvioulsly impossilbe, torque is limited to the point where the rotor starts to slip.

Reply to
Richard