Non Linear analysis

Hi all..

-Any one knows How to calculate/correlate the Coefficient of fritction with respect to surface fininsh (Ra).

-Any one working with non linear analysis with hyper elastic models ( rubbers)

-what is the recommended FEA package for rubber kind of material analysis???. Murugs.

Reply to
murugs

I've never seen a way to calculate it, although I'm sure someone has tried. If the data you wasn't isn't already available, it should be pretty easy to obtain experimentally. That has the benefit that you know the materials are exact matches to what you're actually using.

I'm just going through an FEM class right now where the instructor (FEM guru at University of Washington) recommends Abaqus for highly-non-linear problems, such as rubber.

Tom.

Reply to
Tom Sanderson

LUSAS is good at working, please click

"Tom Sanders> > -Any one knows How to calculate/correlate the Coefficient of fritction

Reply to
chicken

As far as your second question is concerned, I would say, with Ansys, you can solve rubber problems. For that you need to have stress-strain data of rubber material. Based on that, you can calculate Mooney's constant within Ansys itself. just go throgh Ansys Help files

Reply to
rakesh.koparde