mechanica structure is friction possible ?

Hi,

I have to make a thermal-structural analysis and I'm wondering if this one is possible with Mechanica or not.

the assembly I have to analyse is the following one : In a groove of a (big) steel part, I have

- in the bottom, a thin gasket of epoxy+glass

- a bar made of copper and isolating material (50mm.100mm.3meters long)

- an other gasket of composite material

- on the top, a Ripple spring that apply a pressure on the last gasket.

I have the temperature of 4 points in the bar (from 40°C to 80°C) and we can assume the isolating material, the gaskets and the steel part are at the same constant temperature (30°C). so the first question is : Is it possible to calculate thermal conduction to get the temperature gradients in the whole bar ?

Then, with those first results, is it possible to make a thermal-structural coupled analysis to get displacements, stress and strain in the bar while taking into account

- the friction betweeen bar and gaskets,

- the pressure of the ripple spring,

- the thermal expansion of the bar ?

I have to give an answer very soon so I would like to Know if it's possible with Mechanica (and if possible, how to do, just in few words).

If not, I will have to buy Ansys (for Pro/E compatibility) and I would like to know which package (professional, structural...) if anyone have knows.

Thanks a lot for any advice,

GB

Reply to
g. bon