what are the English name of these materials?

Thanks for your time. Would you please help to tell me what these materials are?

one: a material could stand high-temperature, maybe it will become warm when heating, but it could not distortion and its performance would not be affected. What is this material called in English?

two: a material could prevent other things to be heat. for instance, you would not be hurt if you are in fire with the cover of this kind of material. What is this material called in English?

Thanks

Reply to
west wind up to north

[...]

west wind up to north wrote on 12/19/2006 18:49:

unobtainium

insulation

Reply to
Lance