Gold and Indium

Has anyone had any experience alloying with Indium? I was thinking of trying to alloy it with gold to try and make a blue gold but no idea what ratio to even try. Thanks, Suz

Reply to
Suz

IIRC alloying iron to gold runs toward blue/violet -- of course ductility tends to go spurlosz versenkt -- so don't expect to be able to work it -- not even like 10 karat crud.

Reply to
Kevin G. Rhoads

Kevin - Yes, I know. My Goal is to be able to work it. So - if anyone out there has experience with Indium, let me know. I don't want something I cannot use that is a brittle piece of metal. The goal is to have it be maleable to use and light blue/yellow in color.

Suz

Reply to
Suz