Re: Looking for 4130 Normalized strip in America

fire your purchasing dept, they should be able to find this with a few phone calls try www.google.com 4130 sheet normalized
I guess it really is tough to find. I called Castle Metals in California and Benedict Miller out in New Jersey and both salesmen said basically the same thing, i.e., that Cold Metals Products (in Ohio I guess) was the last company to manufacture the 4130 strip in the normalized condition. Since Cold Metals Products went out of business, the 4130 material in the normailzed condition has been impossible to find, except for remnants of stock at various distributors. For example, Castle Metals says it has some 0.080 and 0.100 inch normalized 4130 material left in stock.

buy
phone