Latest threads in Metallurgy discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Materials Engineer, DB-0806-3, Vacancy Announcement Number: SCBK05883139D, http://www.cpol.army.mil/
Place of Work: US Army Research, Dev & Engr Command, Aviation & Msl Res, Dev & Engr Center, Aviation Engineering Dir, Redstone Arsenal, AL Position Status: This is a Permanent position.

Titanium and archaeology
I was recently discussing local bronze and iron age sites with a local archaeologist, in particular their survival in different conditions (mainly bogs). I habitually wear a titanium bracelet (my own...
3
3

cartridge brass
Someone can help me? I try to find information and chart(temeratureVShardness) about cartridge brass (cuzn30 - c26000). Thanks

How can I tell brass wire from copper wire?
I'm connecting a large power inverter that will convert 12 volts DC to 115 volts AC. The inverter's specifications call for #2 gauge copper stranded insulated wire cables. Since I'll be connecting...
9
9

Lime scale on steel - coating ?
We have a problem with lime scale deposits on our sensor heads, is there a coating that we can put on 316 steel to prevent this ? thanks in advance Brendan Blacklock
1
1

History of fine steel needle/wire manufacture
Could anyone on this list either tell me, or cite a published reference that might indicate when and where the technology required to manufacture fine steel wire and/or needles was first developed?...
11
11

Request for material recommendation for small plain sleeve bushing
Hi Everyone, I need to make a small .1875" OD X .125" ID X .1875" long, plain sleeve bushing. I will be using the bushing as a small cam-follower roller. The bushing will oscillate or pivot on a...
2
2

Carburizing
Just a quick couple ofquestions... Are carburized materials electrically conductive? Are there any case hardening processes that render a metal component non conductive?
4
4

Iron balls found in desert
I have posted a pic and description of an odd phenomenon and I wonder if anyone has suggestions as to how the described item was formed . . . man-made, natural or cosmological? And no, this is NOT a...
3
3

UHV Thesis
I have some trouble to understand something about hydrogen dynamics , so I hope you can help me , if it is possible . So here is my questions : 1) In which phase the hydrogen go in to the metal (in my...
3
3

Remove Lead (i.e. Pb) marks from an enamel bathtub?????
Would anyone have any suggestions on how to remove lead rub marks on an enamel surface. There were lead weights on the inside of my shower liner that have created marks over time when they flipped...
4
4

Drill & tap compressor tank?
I've got an old 20 gal (?) compressor tank in which I want to install a drain. I'm guessing it to be 1/4-inch (6.3 mm?) thick steel. Tank is rated to 125 psi. Can I drill and tap this for 1/4 or...
15
15

core making machine
hello: dear's Im looking for some information about core making machine in hot-box modele. Axctuly we made a machine like hot -box model but after blowing the sand in core box extera sand remained in...
1
1

Self-employment
After struggling with foreign exchange trading I have come to better understand the nuances, and the pitfall of exchange trading. It takes patience which I didn't have when I first started, but it has...

back end defect - coring
Hello, I'm learning about the problem which called "back end defect" (or "coring" in some places). This problem reduce the yield of the extrusion process in Aluminium, and I asked myself what is the...
4
4