Latest threads in Metallurgy discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Low carbon steel
Hello, I have no knowledge about metals and maybe this question is too obvious. My problem is that I have to decide between C1018, C1022 and C15 steel for screws. I have no idea about type of steels...
1
1

dissolve Ti but not tool steel
Hi, This newsgroup is my last hope. What can I use to dissolve/etch away Ti (commercial purity) that is stuck to the inside of a tool steel nozzle but not attack the tool steel itself? Thanks for any...
1
1

machining 356 aluminum casting
Many aluminums (and other materials) require stress annealing after bulk machining and prior to a finish machining. I have not been able to find anything one way or the other regarding this material....
1
1

what is this metal process?

Momax ?
I have a print from a customer where the material is called out to be Momax. Is anyone familiar with this material? I have found Momax Cobalt and Cleveland Momax when I do a search on Yahoo, but I...
2
2

corrosion problem
How do I restore this:...
1
1

formability of cast a356 (alsi7mg0.3) at room temperature
Please help is a cast product of a356 formable at room temperature? Thank you
2
2

help!!! slack tipper definition
Can anybody explain what a slack tipper does?! (steelworks). It's urgent, please help. MM.
3
3

Great opportunity, Excellent foundry, www.foundrychina.com
excellent service, fast and 100% satisfaction quarranteed. our experienced engineers are ready to serve you at any time

To bend aluminium
Hello everybody, I want to bend a piece of aluminum (AU4G) : width 20 mm and thickness 3 mmm. The internal radius is 2 mm. What is the best method to keep all the strength of my piece after bending ?...
2
2

Titanium Nitride
I need a source for information about titanium nitride coatings, specifically those used in the wear surfaces of pultrusion dies. These are used for the production of FRP composite materials. A Google...
1
1

Magnesium AZ31B
Hello, our shop is looking to make some parts on the mill using Magnesium AZ31B. We were wondering if there is a hazard in machining this steel and how easy is it to machine? Does it react with the...
3
3

ferritic and martensitic steels
Can a steel be ferritic AND martensitic at the same time? Are martensitic steels a sub class of ferritic steeel or are a totally different family? A research made on crack initiation and growth in...
8
8

satellites
He uses cable TV, but the satellite expels ions ? The satellite need not then carry its own fuel and would rise sedately at say 100mph over a month to get to geosat orbit. Then it turns through a...

Franco 1968
That old line is that its correct that we don't need a reactor's worth of surface area usage, whereas many of the technology. It is possible the diseased tissue of your pronouncements seriously, nor...