To bend aluminium

Hello everybody,

I want to bend a piece of aluminum (AU4G) : width 20 mm and thickness 3 mmm. The internal radius is 2 mm.

What is the best method to keep all the strength of my piece after bending ?

- cold bending, - hot bending, which temperature. In this case, do I have to plunge it in cold water juste after bending ?

Is there a big difference between these two methods ?

Other method ?..

Thank you for your help.

Pierre.

Reply to
Pierre CHAUVEAU

Intuitively, I think hot bending is the best method. Find some material information about your alloy to check what happens with the microstructure at increased temperature.

Quenching with cold water: I don't think so. That'll probably make the material properties and finish worser.

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards Martin Jørgensen

Reply to
Martin Jørgensen

Thank you for this information.

Pierre