To bend aluminium

Hello everybody,
I want to bend a piece of aluminum (AU4G) : width 20 mm and thickness 3 mmm. The internal radius is 2 mm.
What is the best method to keep all the strength of my piece after bending ?
- cold bending, - hot bending, which temperature. In this case, do I have to plunge it in cold water juste after bending ?
Is there a big difference between these two methods ?
Other method ?..
Thank you for your help.
Pierre.
Add pictures here
✖
Pierre CHAUVEAU wrote:

Intuitively, I think hot bending is the best method. Find some material information about your alloy to check what happens with the microstructure at increased temperature.
Quenching with cold water: I don't think so. That'll probably make the material properties and finish worser.
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards Martin Jørgensen
Home of Martin Jørgensen - http://www.martinjoergensen.dk
✖
Martin Jørgensen a écrit :

Thank you for this information.