1 in 100 (or more) is not productive

I'm abandoning the usegroups. I've been a member of at least two or three boards continually since 1987, but the ratio of useful to junk posts has risen to at least 1:100... maybe higher.

To a few of my friends who do post useful stuff (like Bob L...) I'll see you on the boards we collaborate on.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

That's not much of a problem if you've filtered the crap out. I think I lose about 90% of the bulk. A lot of good stuff still shows up here, IMHO.

Bye, Lloyd. We'll miss your input.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Lloyd & others - any chance of pointing me in the direction of some of the better forums? Thanks.

Reply to
Ozzie

(snipped)

Yes, we will. And you can piggyback me onto Ozzie's request.

Garrett

Reply to
Garrett Fulton

I ignore all crossposts, and the result is a lively small forum.

Ignoramus9070

Filtering on subject keywords also works.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
Howard beel

Awwwww! We are friends. Thank you.

Sorry to see you go from this group Lloyd. The SNR is pretty bad here, but the number of people and the array of knowledge on this groups is pretty wide. Still not another group like it anywhere on the web.

I was thinking of posting my cross drill/tap/broach design here after I break the first prototype or two.

Reply to
Bob La Londe