IMPACT GUN BRAND NEW LOOSING AIR FROM EXAUST

I just bought a new kit from Canadian Tire this kit..

All the tools works great but the impact gun is loosing air from the exaust when I don't use it is this normal I don't think so.. The vendor told me it was..

If I loose air I loose power so it shouldn't be right.

I need an answer please..

Reply to
viveramavi

To get answers one must ask a question ... what was yours ?

Reply to
Terry Coombs

The air SHOULD shut off completely with the trigger released but some do let a bit of air past.. All of that air goes through the air motor so you will still get full power (however much it actually pruduces - I say 420 ft lbs is blowing smoke). After a few years all of mine (2 of them were professional CP 734 units) passed some air while idle.

Reply to
clare