$10 per cut?

Whether it's 24 gauge sheet or 3/8" plate, Discount Steel charges $10 per cut. Nothing about quantity discounts. They say they do machining and forming, but there's no e-mail or regular address to you could tell them what you want in writing. Only a phone number and a "special instructions" box that seems to have no affect on the price when filled out. Seems strange and overpriced. Shouldn't the price be comparable to what lumber yards charge for cutting plywood? What cutting charge should I expect from a local place when I buy one full sheet of 20 gauge steel? If the $10 includes a set-up charge and subsequent cuts are cheaper, it wouldn't be so bad.

Reply to
Barry

Sounds high to me. I bought some 1/2" MIC6 tooling plate on ebay with about 6 cuts and I think it was about $80 for the plate, cuts and shipping. Including the drops.

Barry wrote:

Reply to
Jim Stewart