12 volt sprayer pump

I have an atv spot sprayer I got about 4 years ago. It has nor seen alot of use. My dad was using it and he said it quit spraying. I looked at it. When you put 12 volts to it it might turn an 1/8 inch and releases when voltage is removed.

I took the cover off. There are two magnets on the end. Two springs came out of it. I dont know where these springs go. Now it wont move at all.

How can I tell what is wrong with it?

Reply to
stryped

One thing I also noticed is the pump body got very hot when I was working on it when applying 12 volts.

Reply to
stryped

Its going to get hot if your putting power to it and the motor is not turning......

Are you sure they are magnets and not the carb>===One thing I also noticed is the pump body got very hot when I was

============================================== Put some color in your cheeks...garden naked! "The original frugal ponder" ~~~~ } ~~~~~~ } ~~~~~~~ }

Reply to
~Roy~

How do i tell why the motor is not turnign?

You are right these look like little magnets. The hot wire is attached to them. How then do you pit the springs on and still close the cover?

Reply to
stryped

attached

cover?

Sounds like it's not turning because the brushes are out of it. No way to tell you how to put them back inwithout seeing the end of the motor, but sometimes there will be a liitle hole you can slide a paper clip wire into to hold them in place during assembly.

Once you get them back in, check to see if anything is lodged in the pump itself.

Reply to
Rick

Check the pump side. It is probably locked up due to not being completly cleaned after last use or it is just stuck because of the close clearences.

Open the pump chamber and free the rotor.

Hugh

Reply to
Hugh Prescott