Subject Author Posted Replies

Metalworking!
I have a project that requires a machining operation that I am puzzling over. This particular piece doesn't require great precision, but I would like to learn and practice an accurate approach to...
19
19

jackshaft offset?
I' m about to put a jackshaft-mounted pair of pulleys on a drill press for lower speeds. Does it matter/is there a best place to put the shaft? I'm trying to figure out if it is offset on the drive...
2
2

304 sheet hard on one side?
So I'm fabricating some stuff out of 40 mil 304 sheet ('cause that's what I could get from McMaster -- I know now it was a Bad Choice for doing lots of drilling and whatnot). Thanks to some input...

Metalworking
anyone still talk about it here?
22
22

OT: a RoadKill event for survivalists
Small-bore shooters and survivalists, don't miss a chance to try real Appalachian Squirrel Gravy and Biscuits at the West Virginia RoakKill Cookoff! I'm going to try not to miss it. I'm a little tired...

Private Gun Buyers Intercept Folks At Police Buyback Program
Seattle, Washington police held a gun buyback program over the weekend for the first time in two decades, but not all the guns brought to the buyback were handed over to the police. According to the...

T slot feed speed
I break more tiny T slot cutters than anything else. Anybody know of feed speed DOC guidlines for small T slot and woodruff cutters? I'm doing a 0.140" slot in hard 4140 in the morning using a carbide...
6
6

How do you drill through stainless steel at home?
news: would be a better place to ask. (Added)
66
66

What is it? Set 483
I need some help with the third, fourth, and fifth items this week: Rob
13
13

Boeing 787 electrical problem?
Just read this statement from a Boeing engineer: "Sinnett, the 787?s chief project engineer, said that in each of the power-panel incidents electrical arcing inside a circuit board ? ?a low energy arc...
3
3

Tin whiskers causing Boeing 787 problems?
Just read this statement from a Boeing engineer: "Sinnett, the 787?s chief project engineer, said that in each of the power-panel incidents electrical arcing inside a circuit board ? ?a low energy arc...
12
12

50-caliber rounds from an AK-47
I've wondered if we have any real influence. The last time I watched Stephanopoulos interview someone he waited longer for them to finish. jsw
4
4

Any opinions on this Okamoto surface grinder
This item would be for my own shop use, to make money with. I do not plan on reselling it. I think that I can find some good ways to make money with a surface grinder and all the steel that I seem to...
9
9

What's up with 22 caliber ammo?
It appears that 22 caliber ammo no longer seems to exist. There is not even enough for someone to grab and horde as it appears... If it was still being manufactured as before, each store should still...
62
62

OT: Economics?
Top story today - Dow hits a record high! The Dow Jones industrial average jumped more than 100 points early Tuesday, climbing to an all-time high, powered by China's strong economic growth targets...