Subject Author Posted Replies

Anybody here have experience with CO2 lasers?
I've been looking at 40 and 80 watt CO2 laser engraver/cutters lately. Prices have come way down and one machine I looked at with a 40 watt laser was less than 3000.00 bux. There are even cheaper ones...
12
12

Home shop machining
I've used them quite a few times, they have a nice selection on US made stuff. I wanted a insert from ar warner they didn't carry so they got some and added it to their product list. They're good...
9
9

Whatchamacallit?
You talkin' about a spring-loaded bolt with a chain so short people don't need a ladder ? Face of the bolt towards the doorcase will be angled like a regular lockset bolt so you don't need to pull the...
3
3

Soldering problem
I was making another clone of my miniature sundials. On this occasion I thought I would try a few things differently. Amongst others I decided to soft-solder the brass 0.020" foil to the steel...
31
31

The CAM Acquisitions Continue
The same thing seems to be going in the gaming market. There's a big flood of games with the number 2 or three after it. Most of the biggest ones are written by companies that had nothing to do with...
2
2

Rotational accuracy required for gear cutting?
I need to cut a small gear but was wondering how much angular accuracy is needed. I have a 3rd axis on a stepper drive available & know even at 2000 steps/rev that is not good enough to just put the...
10
10

favorite tool/parts drawer brands?
Anybody have any favorite suppliers or brands for "narrow" style 28"-ish tool/parts cabinets with 10 or so drawers, standing around 4-5' tall? This generic style is usuall around 28" deep. Prices...
4
4

Happiness is 230 volts
A while back I posted about maybe needing some buck xmfrs. Paul Drahn, as I posted earlier, gave me three that were the correct rating. Thanks again Paul. I connected the xmfrs and ran some tests and...
3
3

Speaking of welding tables
Its a nice idea, a scaled down version could be very usefull. Who ever built that one spent a lot time on that project. To bad they let it get so rusty. Seems to be well thought-out. Best Regards Tom.
4
4

Mobile Database
We have a wide variety of different email addresses and Mobile numbers of d ifferent corporate houses and others to choose from which are 99% accurate. Our website offers reviews and advice on the...

Primers fired electrically?
Can a primer be set off electrically? As in high current or capacitor discharge?
44
44

Got a new Motor
I picked up a 115v, 1/2hp, 1200rpm, TEFC, single phase Marathon Resilient motor. I won it on Ebay for only $16.50 and before I try to figure out what to do with it I thought I'd ask if anyone was...
9
9

Why do serious machine shops often replace their Haas CNC machines when they grow?
I have an idea this was not quite fair. No way the hp requirements of that cut exceeded the hp of the machine. My 15 hp fadal could do that cut. Proly a 5 hp machine could. Ahm no 'spert, but vmc's...
3
3

TAPERING SPRING WIRE (Warning: No Political Content)
I have an application where I need to make some small stainless steel core pins for a mold. I have some .090 spring wire that would probably work fairly well after I straighten it. Straightness does...
9
9

Bank of America customer?
OUTRAGE! BofA Freezes Licensed Gun Manufacturer?s Deposits ?We Believe You Should Not Be Selling Guns On The Internet? Update: ASA?s Owner Confirms On January 4, 2013, in news, politics, by Velvet...
20
20