Subject Author Posted Replies

oiler
What do you call the little brass oling points in lathes etc with a ball bearing in them and where do you get them?
16
16

Do replaceable lathe ways have any value?
I have a 20" by 14' Lodge and Shipley lathe that I am parting out. I am mostly paying attention to parts that tend to break when machines are moved, and need to be replaced, such as handles, taper...
8
8

OE question
"Steve B" Box of Rid-X and 5 gal. hot water? ;>)}
5
5

Making a slotted flexible shaft coupler
Having received some sub-standard shaft couplers for a CNC conversion I'm now thinking about making some rather than waiting another 4 weeks for replacements. Is there any particular advantage to the...
12
12

Filling a 20 liter CO2 tank for soda
A while ago, we bought a Sodastream soda machine. We were happy for a while, until the sticker shock of replacing their tanks with a custom connector. To avoid paying for that, I acquired a 20 lb CO2...
41
41

Cheap 3 jaw lathe chucks
Anyone else had trouble with the $150 three jaw chuck? About 4 years ago I bought a used 13 X 40 Jet lathe. Sweet machine compare d to the Smithy 3in 1 I had. It came two three jaw chucks and each of...
13
13

Want milling machine
I'm looking to buy a Bridgeport in reasonable shape. Not a full blown CNC but a manual or EZ Trak. Ed Huesers
6
6

What is it? Set 474
I need some help with the second and sixth items this week, I think I know the last one but I'm not sure if it's for a specific use or not: Rob
20
20

'Mouse Milk' Penetrating Oil
Hi All, Just curious, does anyone here have any experience with 'Mouse Milk' Penetrant? Good? Bad? Otherwise? I know Kroil is widely considered to be the gold standard penetrant... I remember first...
8
8

Californias new gun safe
California approved gun safe The methodology of the left has always been: 1. Lie 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible 4. Eventually,...
1
1

Hex shank tooling in ER style collets
Other than buying small diameter ER style collets and having someone EDM out a hex pattern, does anyone know of a source for ER style collets to hold hex shank tooling?

Anti rust
Got a BUNCH of rusty tire chains, that are shedding every time I move them. Got citric acid for derusting, now just need something to keep them from rusting again. Dip application, and preferably...
36
36

Like The Blues?
Not bad. For a bivalve. For a dog's perspective on things, The full-length tune has some good stuff that was cut from the commercial.
7
7

OTish: Anyone use a ColdHeat Soldering Iron?
I don't remember if I posted this here yet or not, so... I bought a ColdHeat soldering iron and it came yesterday. When I tried soldering a couple of 18ga stranded copper wires together, it failed...
32
32

Gun storage?
So, if someone wanted to preserve their guns, say maybe in the bottom of a well,pond, or underground, what would be the best way to store it? I'm wondering about the vacuum bagging, keep the moisture...
17
17