Who's goin to Eastec?

OR,

Alternatively, who made it thru that fukn registration process?? AND, you gotta do it for each person you wanna take!! goodgawd....

I'm takin my buddy/single employee -- and of course, he's going to drive.... lol The wife wanted to come, but I told her all the Eastec presentation gerlz would be topless.... so she declined.... thankgawd....

Time is running out for free registration. It's May 14-16, Tues, Wed, Thurs... I figger Wed is the best day, but correct me if I'm wrong.

If anyone is going for the first time, it's basically 9-5. Get there early -- there is a LOT to see, proly better to go 2 days, if you really want to see it all.

Y'all will know it's me over there, cuz I'll be wearing my Proctologically Violated cap.... and pants.... you know, with the zipper in the back. And the red bullseye....

Man, I hope I get more free shit than I got last time -- last time, I got a

1/8" carbide endmill and a 79c Walthers cutoff disk....

Here's an exhibitor list:

Interestingly, the two metal supply houses I deal with will both be there: Hadco (now in LI), and Penn. Steel (who has plenty of alum). I was initially surprised to see them on the list, but it makes really good sense. Penn Steel is one big thorn in Hadco's ass, f'sure. AND a good co to deal with, good saws, very reasonable cutting charges. Hadco was sold to a bunch of fuknRussians, fwiu, and got REAL stupid/crazy for a while. Now they've calmed down, have some good peeple over there. Well, one good person, f'sure.... the other one died....

Haas will NOT be there.... again!! I guess when yer dat big, you no need no steenkin expo... Hurco was there last year, but won't be there this year.... they have a very nice 50" VMC, which I almost got, before I discovered gantry mills. More alluringly, a Hurco tech lives about 3 miles from me.... LOL

HoloKrome will be there.... those muthafuckas better be giving out free sample kits of cap screws, set screws.... I'll have to check out other screw/hardware suppliers.... I'll keep a shopping cart in m'pickup, in case I get lucky....

Reply to
Existential Angst