#3 vs #4 finish

What is the difference between a #3 and #4 brushed finish?

Is the #3 finer?.....more decorative?

Thanks.

Reply to
EBG

4 is more highly "polished" than 3. 8 is just about a mirror.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

I have been doing stainless steel work for about 12 years now and I have never even heard of a #3 finish.

#4 is a standard brushed or "180 grit" finish.

#7 is a 80% mirror #8 is a 100% mirror

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Here is a list of the various finish grades.

machineman

I believe anything below 4 is either called rough or ground finish because it isn't really a grade of polished surface but a grade of surface condition in most cases.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013

Reply to
Joe