$4 dollar gas and its effects on metalworking

DINOSAUR POLITICS!

What a delightful characterization of your position.

I will leave you with a sample of the depth of "strategy" of our commander (sic) in chief: "We've gotta stop them over there BEFORE they come over here".

You don't have to be a liberal to see how STUPID THAT is.

Citizen Jimserac

Reply to
Citizen Jimserac

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 00:30:17 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Spehro Pefhany quickly quoth:

Sorta like those uckerfays in oil futures, eh?

I wouldn't call it competition, though. It's more like price gouging.

-- It is better to wear out than to rust out. -- Bishop Richard Cumberland

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 02:46:56 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Eregon quickly quoth:

WhatEVER are you talking about? When's the last time you saw a silver-haired doctor? I see pictures of them in the newspaper every week. Most doctors have a 40 year run, minimum. (Unless they, too, suffer heart problems like their patients.)

-- It is better to wear out than to rust out. -- Bishop Richard Cumberland

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Before enlightenment, chop wood, haul water. After enlightenment, chop wood, haul water.

Reply to
cavelamb himself

Citizen Jimserac wrote in news:9aee4af6-228a-410b- snipped-for-privacy@a1g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

No, but you have to be a liberal to be stupid enough to make such a statement.

How in your view is stopping them before they come over here and blow up more stuff and kill more civilians a lack of depth in strategy?? If someone tells me that they are going to kill my family and blow up my house I'm not going to wait until it happens, I'm going to make sure one way or another it CAN'T happen.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

BECAUSE WITH OUR OPEN BORDERS AND PORTS... THEY'RE ALREADY HERE. OBVIOUS.

Citizen Jimserac

Reply to
Citizen Jimserac

Since shareholders demand a positive return and CEOs get multimillion dollar bonuses.

It's all about PROFIT - and don't tell me you really believe their is such a thing as COMPETITION in the ENERGY business. I'll bet you believe in the easter bunny too!!

** Posted from
**
Reply to
clare at snyder dot ontario do

Darn spell checker!!!!!!!

** Posted from
**
Reply to
clare at snyder dot ontario do

All the lumberjacks are either east of the Ottawa valley or north of ther 49th. The vast majority of us Canuks live south of the 49th in central ontario.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
clare at snyder dot ontario do

Because there's nothing stopping them *now* from coming over here and blowing up more stuff. And there are fewer trained people here now to stop them. Our defensive resources are busy, over there.

Bill, the whole idea that we're "stopping them" over there, so they won't come over here, may be the stupidist strategy idea in the history of the US. The people we're stopping "over there" aren't the same people who would come over here, in the first place. Fighting them over there just increases their incentive to strike over here. And we're wasting our resources fighting thousands of them over there, when what we really need to do is to protect against perhaps dozens of them attacking over here. See 9/11 for reference.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

'e puts on women's clothing and hangs around in bars Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Too_Many_Tools wrote in news:81209b9d-8ea9-436a- snipped-for-privacy@e67g2000hsa.googlegroups.com:

Trying to keep the Dumberncraps from spending MY money!

Reply to
Eregon

clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You're forgiven.

Reply to
Eregon

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 12:55:44 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed Huntress" quickly quoth:

What? You feel that our highly trained airport goons aren't any good? That our holey border fences north and south won't stop the tangoes?

Ironic, ain't it?

Awww, you were doing so well, too, Ed. The glitch is that we cannot protect ourselves or our country from terrorist attacks, period. We can catch several (maybe even most) attempts, but we can't get all of them. And that included both foreign and domestic terrorists. You or anyone you know (or don't know) could cause any one of hundreds of terrorist acts and nobody would be the wiser until it was over. That's its beauty (when our military needs it) and terror (when they do it to us.)

-- It is better to wear out than to rust out. -- Bishop Richard Cumberland

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 15:08:52 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Spehro Pefhany quickly quoth:

He must not have as good a taste in comedy as we do, Spehro.

-- It is better to wear out than to rust out. -- Bishop Richard Cumberland

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 15:08:52 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Spehro Pefhany quickly quoth:

OK, turn the volume UP, boys and girls.

In case Clare hasn't heard it, here is the object of my inference:

And another fun one, decanted much more recently:
And last, while you're still there, one of my all-time faves:
Metal content: They wear armor (if you watch some of the Holy Grail also linked on the YouTube page.)

-- It is better to wear out than to rust out. -- Bishop Richard Cumberland

Reply to
Larry Jaques

No, I build airplanes and silly bikes I'm not a "hoser" - I don't drink beer.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
clare at snyder dot ontario do

Exactly correct. Thank God there are people that can still think and still have common sense and do not listen to such strategic nonsense as the "president" has spouted.

This does NOT mean that the Democrats have anything better. Their party, too, was hijacked and partially destroyed by the neo-cons.

Somehow, Bush and the neo-cons made ANY QUESTIONING of their idiot pretend war on terrorism un-patriotic. That worked for a while but by now the vast majority of the American people have figured out that the war on terrorism and the war on Iraq are two different things with wildly disparate motives and objectives.

This does not bode well for Bush's "legacy" (GUFFAW).

Citizen Jimserac

Reply to
Citizen Jimserac

Well yes, mostly so, but the policies and intentional non-enforcement of border laws goes back several decades before Bush and BOTH political parties and various administrations were complicit.

The near dysfunctional state of the dept. of Immigration and Naturalization, and their incredible approval of renewal of student visas for several of the terrorists who died in the 9-11 attacks attest to that.

It is clear that without border and port security in the U.S., the idea that the war in Iraq would stop terrorists from coming here was a farce, good for news sound bytes and NOTHING more.

Citizen jimserac

Reply to
Citizen Jimserac

Citizen Jimserac wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@2g2000hsn.googlegroups.com:

Ah, now I understand, you are in the last stages of BDS. Doesn't matter what Bush does he is evil, stupid, etc....

Into the pit with you, 'plink'

Bill

Reply to
Bill