"4oz ball pein" what was the troll about?

wrote:

That reminds me of something my dad told me about Samoa during WWII. The natives would pluck a sea slug out of the water, bend it over in the middle, bite a hole in it and squeeze out the guts. Then they'd rinse it off in the water and try to trade it to the Marines for a cigarette.
Tell us the truth: do you really *eat* Vegamite, or do you use it as a sunburn ointment? d8-)
-- Ed Huntress
On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 10:18:15 -0400, "Ed Huntress"

just because your thumb fits in your nose doesnt mean that everyone's does.:-)
spread thinly on buttered toast

I understand that. What I don't understand is what you're supposed to *do* with the toast after you've applied a coating of Vegemite.
Is it now a wall hanging? A roach-control device? 'Roo bait?
-- Ed Huntress
Ed Huntress wrote:

I though it was made to scare of those pesky Jehova's Witnesses who like to wake you up at odd hours, then don't know when to leave. Subtle hints like, Leave, before I release the guard dogs goes right over their heads. :(
--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Heh! I was clearing another 1/4 acre one day when the Jehosafreaks showed up.
As they were getting out of their car (like a circus VW!), I walked the distance between us with the running chainsaw dangling from one hand, a cigarette hanging from my lips, and an oily, "Hah kin I hep you folks git back inter yer car?"
Amazingly, they didn't need any help at all.
LLoyd
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

Can you believe that a carload of them stopped me in the street one evening, limping home from church, wish my cane? As soon as they pulled out their stack of tracts i told them i wasn't interested in them, or their beliefs. I also told them that i wasn't interested in going across town to one of their meetings, and that I was 100% disabled, in a lot of painand needed to get home, and off my feet before I fell. They drove along side of me for a couple blocks, trying to talk to me. If they had followed me the last couple blocks I would have called the police.
--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

A couple of them showed up at uncles one evening. Uncle's evangilistic Baptist Pastor was visiting so uncle let them in. Uncle and the Pastor listened for a bit and then tag teamed them with a Q&A session. I'd have loved to have been there. What is good for the sauce is good for the goose.
I don't think they ever will be back. :)
Wes
Wes wrote:

The bunch that came to my house that time never came back. They bothered all my neighbors, but left me & my retired dad alone. I was a one man tag team, having just finished reading the bible cover to cover seven times in a little over a year, to create the electronic version.
--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 10:57:55 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"

My gas powered weed whacker also does a good job of removing unwanted weeds etc. from the front porch area. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

So, when the Witness tells you that you must be saved, do you tell him, "No, thanks. I eat Vegemite"?
-- Ed Huntress
Ed Huntress wrote:

No, I tell them it takes more than their selected 'tracts' from the bible, and to leave. When one told me that everyhing I needed to know was in their 'tracts', I asked if any of them had ever read the bible, cover to cover. When they didn't answer, I offered to show them the electronic 'King James' version I had created for the Commodore 64. They left.
--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Did you save your work on a Lt. Kernal?
I have, um, an "inside knowlege" of that old thing.
LLoyd
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

No, I used a handful of 720 K floppies in a 1581. The eprom for the Lt Kernal had died.
--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Do you even vaguely recall the bootup screen of the LK?
(BTW... when was that? Xetec could've gotten you a new EPROM for up to two years after they stopped marketing the drive)
LLoyd
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

It belonged to the Central FLorida Commodore User's Group, and they were told it was no longer available. We had a lot of problems with it. Several hard drive failures, and constant problems with data integrity. It was on the club's BBS, till we shut it down. I used to maintain all their equipment, and ended up with the dead unit after we couldn't find parts. They couldn't even get the binary file to reprogram it.
--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

it.
And yet now (yes, today), you can get everything except the host-adaptor PLDs. There's a support group out there (if you can imagine such an obsolete technology being supported at all!).
LLoyd
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

We didn't have the internet at the time, and the club did everything by mail, so it took months to do anything. They could have said it wasn't available, just to get rid of us, after two in warranty repairs.
The club was taken over by idiots and run into the ground. They went from over 1100 members meeting weekly, to a little over 100 members, meeting twice a month, "To save money" One idiot took our shareware library from 2000 disks to a couple hundred, then sold the used floppies for a nickel each. We were taking in over $200 a meeting, selling disks. After he finished, they were lucky to bring in $5 a week. That was about the time I had to leave for Destin, to build Ch 58. I was gone six months, and the club was dead by the time I got back.
--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 12:00:27 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed

I tell 'em "Jesus Saves, but Moses INVESTS!"
-- Vidi, Vici, Veni ---

I think the shipping would hurt you more than me. Were any of my .au links close enough for you?
Wes

the links were good. I'm trying one last place locally then it will be mail order. thanks