"4oz ball pein" what was the troll about?

That reminds me of something my dad told me about Samoa during WWII. The natives would pluck a sea slug out of the water, bend it over in the middle, bite a hole in it and squeeze out the guts. Then they'd rinse it off in the water and try to trade it to the Marines for a cigarette.

Tell us the truth: do you really *eat* Vegamite, or do you use it as a sunburn ointment? d8-)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Larry, you are a rotten sob for that suggestion, they would not improve the quality of our pols. Or would they ??? vbg It is cheaper to ship them to Sydney where they will fit right in. Alternatively drop them by (faulty) parachute at Humpty Doo or even better, Well 28 on the Canning Stock Route in late October. Google earth 22 38 33'95" S 123 45 33'85" E

Alan

Reply to
Alan

I think the shipping would hurt you more than me. Were any of my .au links close enough for you?

Wes

Reply to
Wes

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 22:43:37 +0800, with neither quill nor qualm, Alan quickly quoth:

Hey, I'm just trying to improve the protein content of the Aboriginal tribes' diet. Most wouldn't survive the walkabout, and it's so hot out there in the summer, it wouldn't be but a few days of stench.

Stock route? Now that is a fitting place for 'em.

-- Vidi, Vici, Veni ---

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Dang. Ok, I need to stock up on 4oz ball pein hammers before I move to NSW. What else is in short supply I should bring with me? (not entirely a joke, I probably will be moving there in a few years)

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

I guess you know that RS moved office a year or so ago. I'm in Perth too, big coincidence! I went to the new store a couple of weeks back, think it was Collingwood St.

This is a bit of a hot topic - a shirt load of posts on little hammers!

Reply to
Den

the links were good. I'm trying one last place locally then it will be mail order. thanks

Reply to
Stealth Pilot

just because your thumb fits in your nose doesnt mean that everyone's does.:-)

spread thinly on buttered toast

Reply to
Stealth Pilot

I understand that. What I don't understand is what you're supposed to *do* with the toast after you've applied a coating of Vegemite.

Is it now a wall hanging? A roach-control device? 'Roo bait?

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I though it was made to scare of those pesky Jehova's Witnesses who like to wake you up at odd hours, then don't know when to leave. Subtle hints like, Leave, before I release the guard dogs goes right over their heads. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" fired this volley in news:N9ydnb52RvtNLRnVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Heh! I was clearing another 1/4 acre one day when the Jehosafreaks showed up.

As they were getting out of their car (like a circus VW!), I walked the distance between us with the running chainsaw dangling from one hand, a cigarette hanging from my lips, and an oily, "Hah kin I hep you folks git back inter yer car?"

Amazingly, they didn't need any help at all.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

So, when the Witness tells you that you must be saved, do you tell him, "No, thanks. I eat Vegemite"?

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

No, I tell them it takes more than their selected 'tracts' from the bible, and to leave. When one told me that everyhing I needed to know was in their 'tracts', I asked if any of them had ever read the bible, cover to cover. When they didn't answer, I offered to show them the electronic 'King James' version I had created for the Commodore 64. They left.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Can you believe that a carload of them stopped me in the street one evening, limping home from church, wish my cane? As soon as they pulled out their stack of tracts i told them i wasn't interested in them, or their beliefs. I also told them that i wasn't interested in going across town to one of their meetings, and that I was 100% disabled, in a lot of painand needed to get home, and off my feet before I fell. They drove along side of me for a couple blocks, trying to talk to me. If they had followed me the last couple blocks I would have called the police.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" fired this volley in news:IYGdnW3WU_0dVRnVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Did you save your work on a Lt. Kernal?

I have, um, an "inside knowlege" of that old thing.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

No, I used a handful of 720 K floppies in a 1581. The eprom for the Lt Kernal had died.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

A couple of them showed up at uncles one evening. Uncle's evangilistic Baptist Pastor was visiting so uncle let them in. Uncle and the Pastor listened for a bit and then tag teamed them with a Q&A session. I'd have loved to have been there. What is good for the sauce is good for the goose.

I don't think they ever will be back. :)

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Baptist Pastor was

then tag teamed

The bunch that came to my house that time never came back. They bothered all my neighbors, but left me & my retired dad alone. I was a one man tag team, having just finished reading the bible cover to cover seven times in a little over a year, to create the electronic version.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 12:00:27 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed Huntress" quickly quoth:

I tell 'em "Jesus Saves, but Moses INVESTS!"

-- Vidi, Vici, Veni ---

Reply to
Larry Jaques

My gas powered weed whacker also does a good job of removing unwanted weeds etc. from the front porch area. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller