"4oz ball pein" what was the troll about?

"Michael A. Terrell" fired this volley in news:voidnSO4BIccShnVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Do you even vaguely recall the bootup screen of the LK?

(BTW... when was that? Xetec could've gotten you a new EPROM for up to two years after they stopped marketing the drive)

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

It belonged to the Central FLorida Commodore User's Group, and they were told it was no longer available. We had a lot of problems with it. Several hard drive failures, and constant problems with data integrity. It was on the club's BBS, till we shut it down. I used to maintain all their equipment, and ended up with the dead unit after we couldn't find parts. They couldn't even get the binary file to reprogram it.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" fired this volley in news:14OdndHeDNIOthvVnZ2dnUVZ_s snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

And yet now (yes, today), you can get everything except the host-adaptor PLDs. There's a support group out there (if you can imagine such an obsolete technology being supported at all!).

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

We didn't have the internet at the time, and the club did everything by mail, so it took months to do anything. They could have said it wasn't available, just to get rid of us, after two in warranty repairs.

The club was taken over by idiots and run into the ground. They went from over 1100 members meeting weekly, to a little over 100 members, meeting twice a month, "To save money" One idiot took our shareware library from 2000 disks to a couple hundred, then sold the used floppies for a nickel each. We were taking in over $200 a meeting, selling disks. After he finished, they were lucky to bring in $5 a week. That was about the time I had to leave for Destin, to build Ch 58. I was gone six months, and the club was dead by the time I got back.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell