6 inch pipe wye

Anyone know of a source for a 6" sch 10 lateral pipe wye? I can weld it up if I can source the peices. OR does anyone have a template for cutting the pipe.

Thanks Remove 333 to reply. Randy

Reply to
Randy333

Customer wants a true "Y" 90 degress between the forks. Anyone?

Remove 333 to reply. Randy

Reply to
Randy333

A lateral wye or a "pair of pants"? Wouldn't a 90 degree lateral be a tee?

In either case, I think you'll have to have it fabricated or do it yourself. Developing a flat pattern isn't hard. Any sheet metal book and most drafting texts cover it, and I'm sure there are plenty of web resources. I could make the patterns in Solidworks, but I'd expect to get paid for the work. I don't do much sheet metal, so I'm not very fast at it.

This is a large shop local to me that specializes in this sort of thing. I'm sure you can find someone similar in your neighborhood.

Ned Simmons

If you mean a "Y", we've sawn 45s and welded them back to back....

Reply to
Rick

True Wye or as you put it, pair of pants , with each leg at 45 deg to C-L

Found a web site that sell software for it, their trial does not work, and I got no response from my email inquiry.

They only do stainless, My customer wants carbon steel.

Remove 333 to reply. Randy

Reply to
Randy333

Page 22 of the pneumatic conveying catalog at

shows tube y's in 6" od, 11 and 14 ga carbon steel. They also list 6" pipe in sched 10 (among others) as a material so they probably make the y's in that as well.

800-860-8823, call them and ask. I've bought 4" OD aluminum elbows and was happy, ymmv, etc.

860->Anyone know of a source for a 6" sch 10 lateral pipe wye? I can weld

Customer wants a true "Y" 90 degress between the forks. Anyone?

Remove 333 to reply. Randy

Reply to
Carl Ijames

Like a straight coupler joined to the outside corner of an elbow?

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

That fitting can be done with mitered cuts on a bandsaw. No pattern or coping required.

I suggested you look for a similar shop close to you. I can think of at least 5 places within an hour of me that would do it.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

You need the program "winmiter". Google it- it is a free download.

Reply to
clare

Not needed here. As I said in another post, it's all straight mitered cuts. If the pipe were a little smaller it could be done with a hacksaw.

Reply to
Ned Simmons