Does flux go bad?

Brazing flux that is.... The stuff that dries out and you need to add water to and make a paste out of. Seems lately I cannot get braze to stick to anything, it just beads up and rolls around.

Remove 333 to reply. Randy

Reply to
Randy333

I have the same problem

Reply to
Ignoramus1471

--Maybe that water wasn't water? I'm wondering if a build-up of calcium deposits in subsequent additions of water or something like that might make a difference..

Reply to
steamer

I don't know for sure, but I have seen some OLD stuff, and I'd say some chemical changes had taken place. For as cheap as it is, go get some new.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

That's kinda what I was thinking. I'll pick some up next trip to the weld store and see if my brazing luck improves.

We are talking 20+ years old.

Remove 333 to reply. Randy

Reply to
Randy333

Let me put it to you this way................. If you got some twenty years plus old stuff, and it's still good, please post the name.

I WANT SOME!

Steve ;-)

Reply to
Steve B