7 x 12 Bandsaw questions

Hi People,
I cut a lot of aluminum and currently use a miter saw with an aluminum cuttiong blade which works fine but I get showered in hot chips and
have to wear earmuffs.
I wondered how fast a larger bandsaw would cut the material which is usually /12" thick and varying in width from 1-1/2" to 2-1/2".
Anyone have any actual experience to offer?
Soo, an Enco flyer (spare me the snobby-comments about enco/HF etc please!!) and in it are two 7 x12's. Both read about the same but one is 100 cheaper than the oither.
Anyone know what's the difference other than the 100-bucks??
--
Kind regards,
Jenny and her tribe of survivors.

I don't think it cuts 'faster' at least between my chopsaw and 4x7 through steel. But you don't have the sparks, the noise, the temperature, nor a mess to clean off the piece. Plus it's at least 1/2 the curf which can add up. The bandsaw can be fussy with the blade tracking, which you don't have on a chopsaw.
Joel. phx

I should have clicked the next page: http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?PMKANO=6&PMPAGE&PARTPG=INLMPA 5x6 bandsaw $170, $200 with UL motor.
Did you consider a 4x7?
Joel. phx
www.groups.google.com search on bandsaw group:rec.crafts.metalworking

add
have

Ooops, I didn't see a table for the 90 and ASSumed it included the 90. Sorry. Ok, for one thing the 90's ad says 1 yr warranty. I notice the downfeed is repositioned, though I don't know if that's an advantage. There also appears to be a difference in the vise, but that isn't too clear from the photo. The 90 has a slightly higher top end blade speed.

4x6, sorry. The top blade speed is 260 FPM and 285 (75/90 respectively) and only 200 on their "5x6". I'm assuming you have a good blade (Morse or Starett) with an aggressive cut (6-8 TPI)? A relatively inexpensive pulley could get you the additional speed to see if it makes a difference.
Joel. phx

You might ask them or checkout the toothing on their machine. When I was cutting 5/8" pieces from 5/8" rod, I was able to stack 4 or 5 and cut them all at once. It did take a while, but it was SS and I didn't have to sit watching it (you DO have to pay attention as if it jams, the motor can overheat).

> It's not the money it's the speed to make the cuts. I need about 1200

Maybe you could have them cut your 1200 parts? that would save lots of your time
Andy