7mm metric cold roll

Was wondering if anyone had a source for 7mm cold rolled rod. Tried the usual, MSC, Enco, J and L, Small parts. but couldnt come up with anything. Thanks, Kent

Reply to
K.P.

McMaster. Some may be stainless... Hope this helps!

8116K36 but it's not really CRS, it's drill rod... 6' = $21.88

88695K21 (.277") 3' = $4.45

88625K66 3' = $3.15

88755K51 (.277") 3' = $3.43

1274T17 1 meter = $17.96 - Stainless

1272T16 1 meter = $15.08 - Stainless

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

Joe AutoDrill

Reply to
K.P.

Stainless works just fine. Just break the edge of both ends of the rod.

Btw...its far better if you make a short starter rod about 3" long to start the very well lubricated (white lithium works fine) slug (buckshot is best) into the bore, followed by a longer 12" one, followed by the full length rod. A brass hammer gets things started.

Ive made all my own slugging and cleaning rods from 303. Shrug..works fine. Drills and taps well too for jags and brushes.

Roller skate bearings make nifty handle bearings with a bushing. I like the rod handles to be a bit fat. The hardwood rods that you hang your hangers on in the closet..(not the pine ones), make a bunch of cleaning rod handles that fill the hand well. Turn em on the lathe, round the ends with a mill bastard file...customize em. Second best handle material is a good straight hoe or fat push broom handle from the swap meet.

Gunner

Gunner

There are 2 sources for Metric metals in the US. Everybody else gets them from these 2.

Maryland Metric

Metric Metals

Ernie Leimkuhler

Thanks, Joe, Gunner and Ernie for the info. Kent

Reply to
K.P.

You could always use a slightly smaller rod, and put a couple of wraps of tape on it.

1/4" CRS would do the trick. I hope you are not trying to slug a 7mm bore with the 7mm rod? The bore dia. on a barrel is the groove diameter, the land diameter is smaller. Curious---if you want to get a dimension of the throat-the area immediately in front of the case mouth-- wouldn't a cerrosafe cast be better than slugging it?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Marrs