96 chevy truck water pump replacement question (ot)

I am attempting to replace this. Do I have to remove the alternator or power steering/air conditioner pump brakets or can I just take the 4
water pump bolts out and remove? Is this an easy repair?

Go here. alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks There are a couple of GM techs that frequent the group. Steve
Remove bracket for serpentine belt tensioner. Remove shrounds etc around the otp half of the cooling fan. Yur gonna need a means to break that big 32mm nut on the water pump shaft, which involves yet another means to hold the fan from turning. Other than that its a straight forward 4 bolts out 4 bolts in. Double check the 6 or 8 bolts on the back stamped steel pump impeller cover before you install the new pump. I have found them loose on a few occasions. Use gasket adhesive or such to stick new gaskets on the 2 places of the new pump and allow to setup. Its also a lot easier if yu have two alignment bolts made up or you may damage gasket etc until you get it in place, but alignment bolts are not a sheer necessity. Just cut heads off two bolts and grind a slight taper to them and turen them in the engine block one on each side, slip water pump over alignment bolts, start two other bolts then remove alignment bolts and install the the remaining two water pump bolts....
<<>>I am attempting to replace this. Do I have to remove the alternator or <<>>power steering/air conditioner pump brakets or can I just take the 4 <<>>water pump bolts out and remove? Is this an easy repair?
------- I forgot more about ponds and koi than I'll ever know!

Site Timeline