A metallic day

Today I finished assembling the motor for the tractor and got it set in place though not bolted in yet . Had a really bad moment this morning when I went to slide the PTO (mower deck) drive disc onto the crank ... it was too small ! Somewhere in their mods they increased the PTO drive section on the crank from 1" to 1.125" . I had visions of totally disassembling the motor to machine the crank ... but then decided to see if there was enough meat in the drive disc and associated parts to machine it an eighth bigger ... and there was . I'm so glad I have machinery !

Reply to
Terry Coombs

You win! (this time) Myself, I'd be waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

This WAS the other shoe ...

Reply to