Value of a 18 HP John Deere tractor with 18HP Daytona engine?

Someone is offering me a used XTR-30 John Deere garden tractor with a

18 HP Daytona engine for $390. I will go look at it today and if it is good, will try to haggle for a better price. My question is, is it a good value for money? I did look on ebay, but did not find a similar model. i
Reply to
Ignoramus29808

Colin Jacobs

Are you kidding? Here's the deal: if it runs, it's worth it. If not, then maybe. $390 is a little more than you'd pay for a lawn mower these days.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

The motor is frequently the last thing to worry about. If it is hydraulic drive it may work sweet for 10 mins and then just stop moving cause there are problems in the pump and it has to cool back down till it can run again. The mower deck takes the biggest hits and usually has the hardest parts to find. I got a free garden tractor in running condition .. and spent that much or more getting it in useable condition. YMMV Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

Thanks Grant and Colin. I will let you guys know how it is going.

Ignoramus29808

Any suggestions on what to look for and what components to check?

Can I attach a tilling or snow plowing attachment to these tractors?

The one in question has a 30" mower deck.

Ignoramus29808

The tractor is already sold (not to me).

Ignoramus29808