Abrasha may have met his match

Absolutely marvelous!

Gunner

Any idea how long it took the make this? It's really amazing.

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Incredible!! That should be in a museum.

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Say, That's a real nice looking Cinci mill he has. what's the model# and what size tooling does it use?

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Reply to
Mark F

Okay, so I'm late and catching up, but Gunner wrote on Thu, 02 Nov 2006 16:02:08 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Way, way cool.

Someone with obviously way to much time on his hands :-)

And a lot of skill in those hands too.

pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

I saw those pictures a while back.

Very cool stuff!

I am surprised that there has not been a bit more exposure of this guys work. I'd figure that there would at least be a writeup or some background info.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

I wonder if that guy copied/scaled a Japanese toy. I used to travel on business to Japan regularly and they make some incredibly detailed toys - like that.

Grant

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Gunner wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

all except for that annoying flash crap!

Reply to
granpaw

Stop-motion would really help that exposure.

Never could understand how they keep the finger prints off claymation.

Very good stuff, thanks to Gunner.

Reply to
Sunworshipper

Wow! Not even close.

I'm not even on the same scale Gunner. That work is awesome.

Makes me feel patently inadequate. Thank a lot. I have to go lie down now. :(

Reply to
Abrasha

What flash crap? I didn't see any flash crap.

Of course that's because I run Adblock in Firefox and have fastclick.net and googlesyndication.com in my block list.

Plus I don't have flash installed, but blocking these sites blocks the javascript that would insert the flash.

Here's a nickle, kid. Go buy a real browser.

-gc

Reply to
Gene Cash

Now, if he had the figure holding a cross, immersed in urine, he could get a grant from the NEA.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Don't feel bad, your work is GORGEOUS!!! Your politics on the other hand...

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Reply to
JR North

"Gene Cash"

Heh, I don't see any flash either, and I'm running IE. Of course, I use a hosts file, and I leave the flash ActiveX component turned off by default, mind you.

If there's flash to view I'll just open it up in firefox, which I use for just that purpose (among a few others).

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Gene Cash wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@cfl.rr.com:

FF2 is my browser, although I am trying out Opera 9 also.

1944 is my year of birth. You can use paypal for that nickle....sonny...;0)
Reply to
granpaw

Hm, and it appears I lied, as it appears I installed flash when I upgraded to FF 2.0. Sorry.

Still, Adblock makes the net far nicer. I notice in the style of sequels everywhere that Adblock Plus is missing the nicest features of Adblock.

It's a little better than a hosts file, since you can easily turn it off, there's things like "temporarily whitelist page/host" and you can have patterns for ALL of the URL, not just the hostname. For instance I have things like "*/ads/*", "*/bannerads/*", "*/flash/*" and "*/phpads/*" in my list.

There's also a neat GUI to help you use the current page's contents to write new filters.

Since my machine won't run IE, that's not an option for me.

-gc

Reply to
Gene Cash

Of course, it now all makes sense. It could not have been any other way. The maker, Mark Ho, IS DUTCH. He is a country man of mine.

Check this out:

Specifications Height: 43 cm Weight: 6 kg Number of parts: 920, of which 101 are found in each hand Number of mobile parts: 85 Material: bronze and stainless steel.

He sells them in a limited edition of 25 at a cost of 30,000.00 Euro (US $36,160.04)

And, ... he is now also featured at the "The Internet Craftsmanship Museum" in "The Machining as a Art Form Section".

Please note, that he is featured right below me. I like it when things are presented in a way as they should be.

Just kidding. He is in a class of his own. It took him 6 years to make the prototype. And he is self taught.

I go cry now.

Reply to
Abrasha

Nice detective work! Thanks!

Holy crap. Suddenly US$36K isn't so steep after all...

And he personally hand-delivers it. That's classy.

-gc

Reply to
Gene Cash