Accu-fence

I just purchased a 4-year-old 5hp PM-66 that had the rails cut down to

24". I was able to buy(steal) all the accessories for the 1660812K saw on ebay for a great price including everything from the 50" rails to the router lift and cabinet. The problem I have now is what to do with the leftover items I have. In particular I now have two sizes of the accu-fance. One is about 4" longer than the other. I believe the longer is comparable to the Besi commercial fence and was made for the PM72 saw. Anyone know the advantages/disadvantages of the longer fence? The ony possiable dis avantage I can see is that I may not be able to use a rear fence lock. That is not a problem as I don't own one nor plan to use it. I only wood work for a hobby and never plan to do production work with the saw.
Reply to
dausbrooks

I don't see any real difference between the two fences and would use the one that fits the saw. Then I'd sell the other one to somebody else that needs a longer fence for his setup. I will note that all of the really good table saw setups that I've been around have all been installed in a table so that large stock can be cut with no problems of it dropping off of the saw. There's nothing like a 6' extension to the rear and sides to help make plywood cutting nice.

-- Yeppie, Bush is such an idiot that He usually outwits everybody else. How dumb!

Reply to
Bob May