Advice needed on Walker-Turner drill press

I expected someone to say that. And if he hadn't gotten a higher offer, I possibly would have taken it. I checked ebay and saw a similar machine (with speed reducer) that went for $88, so while I think $100 may have been a decent price, I don't feel I missed out too badly.

-Bruno

Reply to
Bruno

Was the one on eBay close to you? I've seen stuff like those go for low prices, then something closer goes for $400. I use eBay for lots of my pricing but machines are a regional thing.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

Lots of the old gang drills use this. If the top of the support tube is exposed, a simple pully running a cable to the side of the table support, with a piece of pipe inside the support tube filled with wheel weights or scrap metal, or even a solid chunk will be an easy thing to do. When filling the counterweight tube with whatever..be sure to have your vise on the table.

I had a freaking HUGE WT drill press about 4 yrs ago (wish Id kept it)..with a 1hp motor on it. the table was damned near 24"x24" and solid cast iron. I stuck a boat winch on the base, with a pulley and a length of 3/16 halyard cable to life and lower. Worked really slick.

Gunner

Gunner

"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman Liebmann

Reply to
Gunner

For less than $150, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I've never seen one that cheap, even in bad shape.

If it has a standard NEMA 56 frame mount, a new motor is $50 or less if needed.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert